Today Social Media is one of the popular tools used for sending traffic to web pages or websites. The first thing that strikes our mind after listening about social media is the profile picture, list of virtual friends, a news feed, likes or dislikes, and the list is long. Apart from these things, the one that entrepreneurs love is the inflow of large business. Social media ought to be the gateway to digital businesses. If this gateway is fascinating to look at it will surely avoid a massive audience to the mainstream. Almost every company headed with smart executives has its presence over all the major online platforms to give their business a new direction.
The company or an individual who has just begun their business social media can prove to be extremely constructive for the future. Many medium and small businesses consider social media as one of the critical factors for their growth. Why?
For the players just have entered into the market, taking their business online helps them build brand recognition, develop a like-minded community and improve the core of the company. The number of worldwide users on social media is enormous (more than 3 billion), which makes it an ideal way for businesses to connect with their existing and potential audiences.
If you have never been on Social Media and just willing to build your profile for the sake of your business. The best options available to you for finding the right audience are Facebook and Instagram. These two giants are the first choice of companies across the globe. However, there are other platforms as well that could help you take your business certainly to the next level. The other biggies of social media are:
All these platforms have different things to offer for your business. Then, how would you decide which one to give more attention? The answer to this question is- Know Your Customers.
Try learning more about the demographics of each platform. Find out which platform has more audience you are likely to target. Know your buyer personas and look out for the demographics of each platform that fits well with it. Many individuals and businesses have made it big by diverting targeted audience from social media to their websites.
For the rest of this post, we will learn about how to drive traffic to a website through social media:
- Build up your profile– The first step for having a good audience base on social media is profile building. Bio shows the information related to your business to potential consumers. The profile is the perfect place on a social media platform to tell about your business and drop a link to your website. Adding backlinks on social media profiles to your website works wonder in increasing the traffic of the site, which ought to be your primary motive. It would help if you dropped a backlink to your website on the profiles of all your social media accounts.
- Promote the blog content– Writing a well-structured blog for the targeted audience is not an easy task. It requires time, efforts and patience for getting it into the search results of your potential client. But what if, after a particular time you come to know, only a few people have read your masterpiece. In such a case, efforts made are wasted in no time. Social media provide aid to your unread masterpiece. You can even share the older blogs on social media platforms with different titles. Using the social media schedule is the best option for promoting your old content.
- Easy to share content– The content on your site should not be only easy to read but also easy to share. By embedding a social sharing tool, you can encourage the visitors on your website to share the blog, article or any other information that is interesting and fun to read. If you want visitors to share your content with the rest of the world, then prefer installing a plug-in on your website. It will help the viewers to share your content with mere a click.
- Post when the audience is active– While posting anything on social media, the right time should be kept in mind. The more number of people being active at a certain period, the more are the chances of it being watched, liked and shared by the visitors. To know the best time to post, you have to see the time when your target audience is at a peak on a particular social media platform. It is seen that different social media platforms have different ‘right time’. For instance, the right time on Facebook is after 8 pm on Thursday, on Instagram is after 7 pm on Friday and so on. You have to come up with strategy depending upon the line of your business and the group of the targeted audience.
- Share visual content more– Social media is more about visuals than texts. The cleverly designed graphics are always alluring to eyes which encouragesviewers to stop by and feast on your content. The visuals are more likely to be shared by visitors than text messages. You should add photos, infographics, videos, graphs, GIFs on your social media handle. It will make your targeted audience to share your content with their peers; it will give you a plethora of benefits in return.
- Optimize your calls-to-action– A well-placed call-to-action button is significant to derive to your website. Call-to-action allows the viewer to know exactly that you want them to do. A call-to-action button can be used in blog content, landing pages, on FB, Instagram, etc. Moreover, you can add some phrases (such as visit our site, learn more, click here, etc.) on the call-to-action button. It will help you to increase the traffic on your site.
- Social Media Paid Advertising– Social media paid to advertise is an impressive way of increasing the reach of the business to more and more people. Running advertisement campaigns with the right budget targeting the right group of the audience will not only increase traffic on your website. But also will entitle your business with quality leads which can be converted into sales. You can search the demographics to know the right audience for a particular blog post on your site. And assign the budget for an advertisement campaign on Facebook or Instagram depending on the audience size.
Also Read: 10 Advantages Of A Responsive Web Design