We have discussed website design, website development, SEO, and so many Digital Marketing aspects in every previous article. But now we are going to discuss a little bit different from it. In this article, we will discuss what is repent and the use of it. Because we want to explore, our employees new learning to our viewers and customers. One of our Web Development team members has researched it or given the information about it. At the end of this article, we have also mentioned the reference link and its example.
According to Bhawna research, RapNet is a peer-to-peer (B2B) diamond exchange network where suppliers and retailers sell and buy diamonds.
It is the Rapaport Diamond Trading Network, available exclusively to members of the diamond and jewelry trade. With thousands of paid members in over 95 countries, it is the most critical diamond trading network globally.
She says RapNet provides an “API” integrated with our website to sell diamonds on our website directly with our add-on markup. (Addon markup is the extra value that we add to the product. Suppose you sell the product that you don’t manufacture; you make a living by selling them for more price than you bought them for. That extra money is add-on markup.)
They don’t provide “generic plugins.” (generic plugins offer a wide range of functionality like the static page, web feeds, custom block manager, google analytics plugins”)
We would have to do a custom installation on the host website.
RapNet Diamond Trading Network provides RapNet Price List/Rapport, the diamond pricing information source used extensively throughout the diamond trade to evaluate diamond prices. RapNet is an aggregator of the seller’s diamond data. Ecommerce retailers further use this data to embed it in their eCommerce website through web services(RII).
- Diamond Listing Services: This is not available now because it allows users to download the full diamond data in CSV file format, heavy on resources.
- RapNet Instant Inventory: This is used now. Here all the data is on RapNet Server.
- Check/Select your website platform (like woo-commerce)
- Check/Get your RapNet login and RII services available to use on our website. ($1210/year approx)
- Get the requirements you will need for your website (like shape, size, color, etc. of diamonds)
- Plan for markup module( you will add flat markup or markup based on the caret size)
- Check your website theme structure, create a wireframe using the data and a high fidelity mockup of the design for approval.
- Also, manage the full checkout process for the diamonds with order management emails.
- Create an RII account.
- Login in RapNet and create API feed according to the requirements (like shape, size, color, etc. of diamonds, suppliers from suppliers list, set up the markup)
- Contact the RapNet team and get a web-service API access key.
- Using the key and password, we can send requests (in JSON format) to the RapNet web services endpoint with the required post parameters, and the response will be in JSON format. (In a single request call, Rapnet returns 50 records only. For further documents, we can use paging)
- Once the response is received, process it and then display it in grid or list format.
We hope that this post is useful for you.
Reference Useful links:-
A live site with an example: https://www.ninasjewellery.com.au/diamonds/diamond-search.html
RapNet with Magento: https://www.transpacific-software.com/magento_rapnet_integration.html
RapNet info page link: https://info.rapnet.com/instant-inventory